If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Despite a year of lurking, this is my first post on Food52 because it is the first thing I feel that I've truly 'invented' without browsing and finding inspiration in other recipes.
I had a couple ears of corn leftover from the previous weekend's farmer's market that needed to be used up, and this is what resulted —cinnaspice
Makes 6-8 side servings
- 4 Ears of corn
- 1 1/3 cups Dry chickpeas (or 2 cans)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- Sprinkling Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 scallions
- Mix olive oil and chili flakes and let sit over night to infuse
- Prepare chickpeas by either soaking overnight and then cooking until soft (about one hour) if dried, or rinsing if canned
- Cut kernels off corn cobs into bowl and then mix in chickpeas, chili oil, cumin and salt and pepper. Chop scallions
- Spread corn/chickpea mixture into roasting pan and roast in oven at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes (or until corn is well-cooked (you may need two pans as this is a large quantity)
- When roasting is finished, remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes. Mix chickpeas/corn with scallions, squeeze lime juice and mix and top with a sprinkle of parmesan and slices of avocado.
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).