Author Notes: The man might just take his hand out of his jacket to pick one of these up. Flaky puff pastry, a smooth creamy custard and amaretto spiked peaches with a toffee kissed icing make this a recipe a girl, or an empress will love. - lorigoldsby
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 5 mint leaves, chiffonade (opt)
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons almond extract or amaretto
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3-5 tablespoons toffee brickle pieces (not chocolate covered ones!)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- additional whipped cream and mint (optional)
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 3 strips (along the folds) and bake according to your pkg.
- Slice peaches into thin slices. Marinade with amaretto and mint (if desired).
- Make cream filling: (If you are a Sandra Lee devotee, you can use jello pudding "cheesecake" flavor, otherwise, press on...its worth it!) "Softly" boil sugar, flour salt and milk. Pour into beaten egg in a small stream, whisking constantly. Cool, add almond extract or amaretto. cover with cling film and chill.
- To make toffee glaze: melt brown sugar and butter until melted and combined, add toffee pieces, stirring another 3 min. Add cream, stir to combine all ingredients. Add enough powedered sugar to thicken glaze. You don't want it "runny".
- To assemble napoleons: Cut each strip into 3 pieces. Cut each individual seving in half (sandwich style). Place a generous dollop of cream filling on bottom piece. Layer sliced peaches and top with puff pastry "lid". Pour glaze on top. Can serve with a side of whipped cream, additional mint ribbons.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Tags: pretty dessert