If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The man might just take his hand out of his jacket to pick one of these up. Flaky puff pastry, a smooth creamy custard and amaretto spiked peaches with a toffee kissed icing make this a recipe a girl, or an empress will love. - lorigoldsby
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 5 mint leaves, chiffonade (opt)
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups fat free half and half
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons almond extract or amaretto
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3-5 tablespoons toffee brickle pieces (not chocolate covered ones!)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- additional whipped cream and mint (optional)
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 3 strips (along the folds) and bake according to your pkg.
- Slice peaches into thin slices. Marinade with amaretto and mint (if desired).
- Make cream filling: (If you are a Sandra Lee devotee, you can use jello pudding "cheesecake" flavor, otherwise, press on...its worth it!) "Softly" boil sugar, flour salt and milk. Pour into beaten egg in a small stream, whisking constantly. Cool, add almond extract or amaretto. cover with cling film and chill.
- To make toffee glaze: melt brown sugar and butter until melted and combined, add toffee pieces, stirring another 3 min. Add cream, stir to combine all ingredients. Add enough powedered sugar to thicken glaze. You don't want it "runny".
- To assemble napoleons: Cut each strip into 3 pieces. Cut each individual seving in half (sandwich style). Place a generous dollop of cream filling on bottom piece. Layer sliced peaches and top with puff pastry "lid". Pour glaze on top. Can serve with a side of whipped cream, additional mint ribbons.
Tags: pretty dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.