If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my adaptation of my mom's pie. It has a unique crust (you pour it into the pie plate, no rolling required) that I added cornmeal to in order to give it more texture. - flowercityfoodie
Makes 1 pie
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3 1/2 ounces cook & serve vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 large white peaches
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.Cover a baking sheet with foil and put in the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-inch pie plate.
- 2.Pour flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, pudding mix, butter, egg, and 1/2 cup milk into a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- 3.Over a medium bowl, peel the peaches with a paring knife (let the juices fall into the bowl but discard the peels). Slice the peaches (over the bowl to catch the juice) and arrange the slices on top of the crust mixture.
- 4.Add the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 Tablespoons milk to the peach juices in the medium bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon mixture over peaches. Use a rubber spatula to spread mixture into a smooth layer (leave 1 inch around the edge free from cream cheese mixture).
- 5.In a small bowl mix together 2 teaspoons sugar and the cinnamon. Use a spoon to sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture.
- 6.Put the pie in the oven on the preheated baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes. (Filling will still appear soft when done.) Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Tags: easy pie crust