If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: First of all let me say that baking is not my favorite sport, but every now and then I can be inspired and this time the inspiration was the new and unused pocket pie molds. Now I’m not the best at making any kind of crust so I just used the recipe in the back of the pie mold box. I can do this! So I see several more petite pies in the future. The filling is nothing unusual and perhaps not as special as the pros make, but this version makes me happy.
Sandhill, NC beautiful peaches are such a treat and need very little sugar so start with ¼ cup and go from there.
I can see me making a cobbler or pie for our guest this weekend, Irene.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and (a half pound short cuz I ate the other 1/2)
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4-1/2 cups sugar
- pinch of powdered ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, taste and add more if you like
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Bellini mix
- Sift all dry ingredients add the peaches and liquids. Make the dough (Williams Sonoma Pocket Pie Dough). I am sure that there are other pocket pie methods our there somewhere, but for me the anti-baker, I needed the WS instructions. Rolling, cutting, shaping the dough was easy and the filling was fabulous. Sorry that this is not such an original idea, but for me a great pastry accomplishment. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/cherry-pocket-pies.html
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Just Butter Isn't Better
Why making your own ghee is worth it
Make your own ghee.
The dreamiest foods around.
Stop slamming salad.
A can-do tool.