If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you have a southern grandmother, chances are you have watched her make a pie just as I did. Peach was a favorite of my grandma's. I personally like the fresh peaches from the farmer's market with a crumb topping. This way the fresh peach keeps it's identity, while the sugary, crumbly top lends to a doubly delicious pie experience. While grandma always made the dough from scratch, but you can use a premade pie crust. Follow the same directions as listed. —ashleychasesdinner
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut in pieces
pie filling and crumble
- 5 large peaches, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- juice from 1/2 lemon- preferably organic
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- Make crust: In a food processor, add flour, salt and granulated sugar until combined. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, a few pea-size pieces may remain. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons ice water. Pulse until dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed (if necessary, add up to 2 tablespoons ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time); do not overmix. Shape dough into a disk, wrap tightly in plastic, and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour (or up to overnight).
- Filling: Add peaches, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Toss together. Set aside. In a seperate bowl, combine lemon juice and corn starch. Mix together and pour over peaches.
- For crumble: In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon and rolled oats; using your hands, work in butter until large clumps form.
- Roll out dough and place in pie plate.
- Add filling onto the pie dough.
- Sprinkle crumble topping all over peach filling.
- Place pie plate onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.