If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my go-to recipe when I want to impress dinner guests. They never suspect how incredibly simple it is. It's easy to remember, since it's a 1-1-1 ratio.
Remember to make it ahead of time, as it requires about 6 hours to set up.
I like to serve it with fresh berries if they're in season (if you add berries to the bottom of the glass, build in more time as it will take longer to set).
Note: This dish contains (semi-) raw egg, which may not be suitable for some people. - clcatto
Serves about 8
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, bring whipping cream to just under a boil (a heavy simmer) over medium heat, stirring constantly. Take care not to boil the cream or it may burn or curdle. However, it needs to be hot enough to melt the chocolate.
- In a blender, add egg, vanilla, Grand Marnier and chocolate chips.
- When the whipping cream is warm, pour it over the ingredients in the blender and blend immediately.
- Once the chocolate is melted and the ingredients are mixed thoroughly, pour into small serving cups (I like to use espresso cups or small juice glasses).
- Put in the refrigerator to set - about 6 hours.
- Serve with fresh berries and/or a waffle cookie/shortbread/pirouline
Tags: Desserts,easy to make
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.