If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every year my sister and I split a box of fresh peaches from the local orchard. Before making jams, pies or shakes, this delicious dessert is always the first treat I prepare! An almond studded macaroon crust is topped with a layer of fluffy sweet cream and fresh sliced peaches. So simple, yet so impressive! You may also add raspberries to the mix or any berry is quite divine! When I am short on time I forget the cream cheese and just whip cream with a little sugar and almond extract. —carmelld
- 1 1/3 cups flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- In a bowl combine; coconut, almonds, sugar, flour, and season with a pinch of salt. Stir in egg whites and 1/2 tsp almond extract. Line a baking sheet with foil; grease well and spread coconut mixture into a 9 in. circle on foil. Bake @ 325* for 20-25 min. or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Whipped Cream with peaches
- 3 ounces whipped cream cheese, room temp.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, optional
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and almond extract. Mix until creamy. Fold in whipped cream. Place crust on a serving plate and spread desired amount of cream mixture over the top.
- If needed, sweeten peaches in a bowl with the desired amount of granulated sugar. Spread peaches over cream filling and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
All Tied Up
The 4 knots you should know
The knots you should know.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
This week's #happylist.
Have a ball (jar).