If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’m a purist when it comes to cranberry sauce at the thanksgiving meal. Each dish has memories and history and I love the tradition of it all. However, when it isn’t thanksgiving I still eat cranberry sauce. I love its tang and ease. My favorite is to smear it on freshly toasted rye bread like jam. Here is a version I especially like. —alice y
Makes 2 cups
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine (to ensure the cook has a glass while cooking)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried cramberries
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled ginger
- juice and zest of one blood orange
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Bring the water to a boil. Add wine, cranberries, ginger, orange juice, zest and ginger. Cook over medium heat until it’s your desired consistency (mine is about 20 minutes). If you’re making it a day ahead, make it runny because it will continue to set.
Tags: serves a crowd
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.