If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I played around making different fillings for tarts and pies this past week (I don't remember the last time I ate so many peaches!). I finally decided on a fresh peach pie with a cream cheese base. As I was about to pour the cream cheese filling into the crust, I spied a jar of Nutella sitting on the counter that I hadn't yet put away into the pantry. Hazelnut spread, cream cheese and peaches? Ah ha! (By the way, I have a lot of Ah ha! moments.) I loved it as a pie, but it has a lot of filling. So I thought why not see how it works as a tart. And goodness gracious, it works both ways. So if you love a lot of filling, fix it as a pie. If you like less filling and want to serve more people, fix it as a tart. (Please ignore the handwritten crust notes in the pie photo; some of the measurements were edited after I took the photos!) —Susige
Serves 8 as a pie or 10 or more as a tart
Pecan Nut Crust
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Peans, halved
- 1/2 cup Butter, cold - sliced + extra butter for buttering pan
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 jar or so of Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- Set oven to bake at 375 degrees.
- In either a glass pie pan or a large tart pan (choose pie if you like a lot of filling; choose tart if you like less filling), liberally rub bottoms and sides with butter. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients EXCEPT the Nutella and process on pulse until it looks like sand. It won't take long, just a minute or two if that.
- Pour crust mixture into your choice of pan. Then using your knuckles, start pushing down and across into the rim to form a crust. It will be a thicker crust on the pie than on the tart.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for five minutes.
- After five minutes or so, spread 1/2 a jar (or more to taste) of Nutella onto the bottom of the still warm crust and up the sides. Then set aside to finish cooling while you make the filling.
Cream Cheese Filling with Peach Greek Yogurt
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, cold
- 12 ounces Chobani Peach Greek Yogurt (or Vanilla Greek Yogurt if you can't find Peach)
- 5-6 Fresh Freestone Yellow Peaches, Peeled and Sliced
- 8 ounces Peach Preserves, melted and slightly cooled
- In a food processor, add the cream cheese and the peach Greek yogurt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cream cheese mixture on top of the Nutella layer and smooth to the edges of the pan.
- Add the sliced peaches to the top of the pie/tart in a circular pattern. I usually start at the outside and work my way in, but that's just me. You will probably use more peaches on the tart than on the pie.
- After decorating with the peaches, swirl the slightly cooled and melted Peach Preserves over the top of the whole pie or tart to glaze.
- If you eat it immediately, it will probably run slightly but it won't affect the taste at all! For a firmer texture, refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.