If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this spring we spent a week in the perigord,and truly enjoyed shopping at all the markets, patisseries and charcuteries. One tart from the patisserie in our little village really took the cake. it was the apex of a perfect dessert, delcious walnuts in a caramel sauce on a buttery crust.
we brought back hazelnuts from our recent trip to oregon, and they seemed to be agreat combination with peaches and caramel. - kitchengardener
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 5 ripe peaches
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- preheat oven and blind bake your favorite recipe for a 10" tart shell using a pan with a removeable bottom and pie weights let cool
- while the pie crust is baking, heat a large saucepan of water until boiling cut a criss cross in the bottom of each peach and drop into the boiling water , waiting until you see the skins start to loosen at the cross cut, about 30 seconds to a minute. drain each peach and pat dry then drop immediatly into ice water for a few minutes the skins should slide off easily after a few minutes in the ice water, drain and pat dry
- while the peaches are cooling, make the caramel
- place sugar, water and corn syrup in a medium saucepan, and stir lightly. heat over medium heat without stirring, until the caramel turns an amber color, watching carefully and brushing down any splatters on the sides of the pan with a brush dipped in water. swirl the pan gently if hot spots develop.
- when the caramel has turned amber, turn down the heat and pour the cream and butter into the pan, being careful to avoid splattering yourself when it bubbles up
- stir until smooth, remove from heat and cool for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator in a heat proof bowl, until it is no longer hot
- while the caramel is cooling, slices the peaches and brush them lightly with a combination of 1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp water
- halve or roughly chop hazelnuts and place in the crust
- top them with peach slices arranged in concentric circles
- gently spoon the caramel over the tart, and if there is any left over it can be eaten later!
- tart may be refrigerated if not eaten the same day, but it is better eaten sooner rather than later!
Tags: fresh summer fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
The Underrated Pantry Hero
A love you never knew you had for Cracklin' Oat Bran.
Cereal = Dessert
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Recipe of the Day
The Daily Grind
A Shoo-In Salad