Author Notes: This is a simple summer salad that combines fresh caramelized warm corn and peaches over a bed of mixed greens, which adore wilting, with just a drizzle of a crème fraîche dressing. - Sagegreen
- 1/3 cup of crème fraîche
- 1 tsp. honey, to taste
- 3/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbl. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- pinch of kosher salt, divided
- fresh milled black pepper, to taste, divided
- 2 tbl. mixed herbs-basil, spearmint, and lemon verbena, divided
- 2-3 tbl. unsalted butter, to taste
- 2 cups of corn cut off the cob
- 2 fresh peaches, sliced
- bed of mixed greens such as baby spinach and bulls blood beet micro greens
- one small red onion sliced thinly into rings
- Maldon salt flakes or other finishing salt
- For the dressing whisk the crème fraîche, honey, mustard,and olive oil together until smooth. Whisk in the lemon juice and vinegar. Add some salt and pepper. Add 2-3 tsp. of fresh herbs, chiffonade or finely chopped. Taste and adjust to your liking. Shake, cover and chill until serving.
- Brown the butter in a frying pan. Add the chopped fresh corn with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 4-6 minutes until the corn begins to caramelize. Quickly add the peach slices for 30 quick seconds just to warm.
- On a bed of mixed greens (which will love wilting gently), place the warmed peaches and corn. Top with the onion and remaining fresh herbs. Drizzle a bit of the creamy dressing and a sprinkle of finishing salt to your liking.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
Tags: sweet and savory