If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple summer salad that combines fresh caramelized warm corn and peaches over a bed of mixed greens, which adore wilting, with just a drizzle of a crème fraîche dressing. —Sagegreen
- 1/3 cup of crème fraîche
- 1 tsp. honey, to taste
- 3/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbl. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- pinch of kosher salt, divided
- fresh milled black pepper, to taste, divided
- 2 tbl. mixed herbs-basil, spearmint, and lemon verbena, divided
- 2-3 tbl. unsalted butter, to taste
- 2 cups of corn cut off the cob
- 2 fresh peaches, sliced
- bed of mixed greens such as baby spinach and bulls blood beet micro greens
- one small red onion sliced thinly into rings
- Maldon salt flakes or other finishing salt
- For the dressing whisk the crème fraîche, honey, mustard,and olive oil together until smooth. Whisk in the lemon juice and vinegar. Add some salt and pepper. Add 2-3 tsp. of fresh herbs, chiffonade or finely chopped. Taste and adjust to your liking. Shake, cover and chill until serving.
- Brown the butter in a frying pan. Add the chopped fresh corn with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 4-6 minutes until the corn begins to caramelize. Quickly add the peach slices for 30 quick seconds just to warm.
- On a bed of mixed greens (which will love wilting gently), place the warmed peaches and corn. Top with the onion and remaining fresh herbs. Drizzle a bit of the creamy dressing and a sprinkle of finishing salt to your liking.
Tags: sweet and savory
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Recipe of the Day
The chicest apron around.