Author Notes: Every Friday Night I like to make a fruit pie for dessert, especially now that Jersey peaches are in season and so delicious. I found this recipe for a pie crust that uses oil as an alternative to butter...it's a light and flaky crust and does not overpower the fruit. - Joy Betesh
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6-8 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt together. Add the oil and water and mix with a fork or wooden spoon till dough forms a ball. Refrigerate dough for ten minutes. Roll out between two pieces of wax paper and then fit into a 8 or 9" pie plate and prick with a fork.Reserve extra dough for lattice topping.
- Mix the peaches, sugars, flour and cinnamon together till well combined. Arrange peach slices in pie plate and top with lattice strips. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Tags: Sweet and Fruity