If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every Friday Night I like to make a fruit pie for dessert, especially now that Jersey peaches are in season and so delicious. I found this recipe for a pie crust that uses oil as an alternative to butter...it's a light and flaky crust and does not overpower the fruit. - Joy Betesh
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6-8 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt together. Add the oil and water and mix with a fork or wooden spoon till dough forms a ball. Refrigerate dough for ten minutes. Roll out between two pieces of wax paper and then fit into a 8 or 9" pie plate and prick with a fork.Reserve extra dough for lattice topping.
- Mix the peaches, sugars, flour and cinnamon together till well combined. Arrange peach slices in pie plate and top with lattice strips. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Tags: Sweet and Fruity
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
Genius, explained at last.
Books We Love
My New Roots, by Sarah Britton
Style with a breeze.