If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every Friday Night I like to make a fruit pie for dessert, especially now that Jersey peaches are in season and so delicious. I found this recipe for a pie crust that uses oil as an alternative to butter...it's a light and flaky crust and does not overpower the fruit. - Joy Betesh
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6-8 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt together. Add the oil and water and mix with a fork or wooden spoon till dough forms a ball. Refrigerate dough for ten minutes. Roll out between two pieces of wax paper and then fit into a 8 or 9" pie plate and prick with a fork.Reserve extra dough for lattice topping.
- Mix the peaches, sugars, flour and cinnamon together till well combined. Arrange peach slices in pie plate and top with lattice strips. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Tags: Sweet and Fruity
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Met Ball or Meatball?
13 not-Met ball(s) to eat not on the red carpet.
Met Ball or meatball?
A guide to fail-proof dinner parties.
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Sweet, ripened stone fruit.