If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With many of my summer favorites at their peak right now, think peaches, tomatoes and corn, I wanted to use them in a satisfying, but nutritious way. I love how the kale brings texture and a heartiness to the juicy peaches, crunchy corn and sweet tomatoes. Add a few beets that were around for a earthy, more grounded and you've got a refreshing way to cherish summer a little longer. - Jacquie Chamberlain
Serves 2 large salads
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tomatoes (I like tomatoes so I lean towards the larger size)
- 1 peach
- 2 ears of corn
- 6-7 roasted baby beets (roast in a 400* oven for an hour in aluminum foil. cool. peel away the skin and store in your refridgerator.)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a bowl, mix the dijon mustard, honey and vinegar together. Season salt and pepper to taste. To mellow the dressing out, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. I don't just because I love my dressings a little zippy, but it's just based on preference.
- 2. Tear the leaves off of the kale stems and wash in cold water to get any dirt or grit from in between the leaves. Spin dry (or pat with paper towels) and add to the dressing mixture. Massage for about a minute to get all of the flavor into the kale. Let sit for about 30 minutes until it slightly wilts.
- While the kale is relaxing, get the rest of your vegetables cut. Scrape the kernels off of the corn cob. Dice the tomatoes. Slice the peach into 8ths or 16ths. Slice the beets.
- When you're done slicing and dicing, your kale should be ready. Top the kale with all of the yummy things you just cut and toss. Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Enjoy! The best thing about this salad is that the kale can be massaged and marinated over night if you wanted to prep that and cut the rest of the ingredients the night before and toss at the last minute :)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.