If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spinach cooked with raisins and pine nuts is a classic Roman side dish. In Genoa, they add anchovies. Either way, it is a lovely way to dress up spinach. Serve with beef, veal, lamb, or chicken. - Waverly - Waverly
Food52 Review: Anchovies and wine-plumped golden raisins add an elegant je ne sais quoi to sauteed spinach. With sides this delicious, who needs a main course? - Kukharka - Kukharka
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- white wine to cover raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 oil packed anchovy fillets, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 pounds spinach, stemmed, rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- PREP: Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with white wine and soak until plump, about 10 minutes. Lightly toast pine nuts in a 350 oven, about 5 minutes. Watch closely so they do not burn.
- SAUTE: In a skillet, heat olive oil over MEDIUM heat. When oil is hot, reduce heat to MEDIUM LOW. Add garlic, anchovies, and parsley and cook until anchovies melt and form a paste. Stir in spinach, raisins, pine nuts and nutmeg. Cover and cook over MEDIUM heat for 3 minutes to steam the spinach, then uncover and continue cooking until the spinach is wilted and any excess liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- SEASON AND SERVE: Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.