If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe in an attempt to make raw kale more tempting. For a while I had been playing with the thought of turning the flavors of a classic lemon poppy seed cake into a salad dressing. My kale salad and the dressing turned out to be a wonderful combination. - Foodyear
For the salad
- 4 cups kale
- 2 cups croutons
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
Poppy seed vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together with a whisk and set a side.
- Finely chop the kale and put it in a bowl with the dressing. Let it soak up some of the dressing before adding the rest of the ingredients. About 10 minutes. The kale will shrink a bit as it ‘drinks’ the dressing. You can skip this step, if you are in a rush.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
Chop to It
Salad with one rule: chop it real good.
Let's get chopping.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
Rock the roast.
This is poppin'.