If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Grandma used to make a microwave brittle when I would visit as a little girl. As a treat, she passed her recipe down to me years ago and I have revised it just a bit and love it as much today as I did back then. Grandma....this ones for you! - Brittany Smith
- 1 1/2 cups Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Grease a baking sheet. I use butter flavored crisco because, let’s face it, everything is better with butter, this is no exception!
- Combine the peanuts, syrup, sugar, and salt in a glass mixing bowl. MAKE SURE IT’S GLASS or the peanut mixture will not be the ONLY thing that’s ooey gooey! Microwave on high for about 7 minutes until bubbly and golden-colored.
- Add in the butter and vanilla, stir to combine and microwave an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in the baking soda to create a bubbly peanut concoction and quickly dump onto the greased pan. Spread out into a thin layer. Don’t worry if it’s not shaped perfectly…you’re going to break it up anyways.
- Let it set for at least 15 minutes. Break into pieces and enjoy.