If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Because greens can be quite bitter, I love finding sweeter counterparts. For the holidays, nothing beats cranberries! - JessicaBakes
Serves 2-4, depending on how much you like your greens!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, quartered and sliced thin
- 2 cups diced kabocha squash (use butternut if you can't find it)
- 2 bunches red chard, stems sliced thinly and leaves chopped coursely
- 1 bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinches red pepper flakes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, chard stems (not leaves!) and squash. Saute until the squash is tender.
- Add the cranberries and cinnamon stick. As the berries heat, they will often pop...this is normal, so don't be scared! Allow the cranberries to soften until edible.
- Add the zest, vinegar and spices. Stir until fragrant (about 1 minute), then turn off the heat and immediately add the chard leaves. Stir and season with salt and pepper until wilted to your level of desired doneness.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.