- 8 oz of soba noodles (1 package)
- 1 bunch of scallions
- 4 carrots
- bunch of cilantro
- handful of chopped peanuts for garnish
- 1/4 of a cup of crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2-4 teaspoons of garlic chile sauce ( sriracha or sambal )
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil and add noodles. Cook to recommended time. Meanwhile, in a bowl combine peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce and hot sauce. Whisk till smooth. Finely chop scallions and place aside. I used a peeler to make shavings of carrot. You could also grate the carrot or finely chop.
- When soba noodles are finished drain and rinse with cold water. Add to the peanut sauce and toss until coated. Add the scallions, carrots and some finely chopped cilantro. Mix well, eat right away or allow to chill for a few hours. If thick after refrigeration you can add a touch of water to loosen the sauce. When serving add some additional peanuts on top. I also made a little mixture of a spoon full of hot sauce and soy sauce. Finish the pasta with a little spoon full for an added bite.