If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was taught by a Mangalorean (a costal town in the South of India known for its culinary treasure). Although seafood is what they are more known for, this vegetarian dish is light, easy to make and great to taste. Not to mention, very healthy too. - Explorer
- 2 bunches Spinach
- 1 piece Raw mango, preferably Alphonso
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 teaspoons mustard or groundnut oil
- Fresh Green chili to taste
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker
- Add cumin seeds and let them splatter for 30 secs to a minute
- Now add evenly cut square or long pieces of raw mango and sauté until aroma
- Now add medium chopped spinach leaves and sauté for another minute or two
- Add green chilli
- Add 1/2 cup to 1 cup water and pressure cook
- Leave it on low flame for 2 minutes after 2 whistles and shut off
- Enjoy with any Indian break or steam rice
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.