If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I think this dish could win over any green-hater, with sweet notes from the prunes and caramelized onions!
While I used a mixture of kale and beet greens, you could use whatever you have on hand! - ttfn300
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 8 cups roughly torn greens (I used kale and beet greens)
- 1/3 cup chopped prunes
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add onions, stir to coat and cook 2-3min.
- Reduce heat to low, then continue to cook until onions are soft and browned (usually ~15-20min).
- Add in greens and 1-2T water, stir, and cook until greens have softened.
- Stir in beets and prunes, then transfer to a plate and top with goat cheese and walnuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
Tags: Side Dishes