Author Notes: I think this dish could win over any green-hater, with sweet notes from the prunes and caramelized onions!
While I used a mixture of kale and beet greens, you could use whatever you have on hand! - ttfn300
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 8 cups roughly torn greens (I used kale and beet greens)
- 1/3 cup chopped prunes
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add onions, stir to coat and cook 2-3min.
- Reduce heat to low, then continue to cook until onions are soft and browned (usually ~15-20min).
- Add in greens and 1-2T water, stir, and cook until greens have softened.
- Stir in beets and prunes, then transfer to a plate and top with goat cheese and walnuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
Tags: Side Dishes