If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A great way to get someone in my house to eat more veggies, especially the dark green varieties, is to baconize it. There aren’t many things that won’t accept this treatment. Maybe mango wouldn’t be a good idea, although I’ve often had mango next to bacon and eggs for brunch on the weekends. - midnitechef
- 4 rashers (bacon), cut into lardons
- 1/2 of a large onion
- 1 bunch Red Swiss Chard, cleaned, stalks trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced in to sixths
- The fat is rendered out slowly, then the onions cook in the flavourful fat, this is the beginning of baconization. Reserve the crisped bacon.
- Layer the stems of the chard first as they need a little longer cooking time to become tender. Season the golden onions and stems with salt and pepper.
- Add the leaves of the swiss chard, a tiny pinch of salt, then the tomatoes. Cover and wilt the greens and warm the tomatoes through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.