Author Notes: One standout recipe for me from the year long, Cook the Issue at Fine Cooking was the turkey porchetta with pancetta, I know, what happened to the pork? I was skeptical at first and found one of those small rolled turkey breast roasts to work with instead for just two of us and some leftovers I don't care for turkey breast meat, but this version was fantastic and tonight I am making porchetta paninis with wilted sweet escarole. I think that the porchetta offers enough flavor and seasoning so don't go crazy reseasoning things with salt and pepper. - ibbeachnana
- 1 head escarole, cleaned and trimmed of tough leaves, torn into large strips
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- red pepper flakes
- Your favorite rolls or panini breads, tonight chicago rolls
- slices of unsmoked provolone for each sandwich
- crispy pancetta, enough for each sandwich.
- 1-1+1/2 pound porchetta, 3 thin slices for each sandwich. However much you feel right for each sandwich.
- Heat the olive oil and saute the garlic slices until fragrant, add some red pepper flakes, saute escarole until just wilted, remove from pan. Brush the pan olive oil over rolls and layer the pork, cheese, pancetta, and escarole. Brush olive oil over sandwich tops and grill until nicely toasted.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
Tags: Turkey Porchetta