If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I entered this salad in the Whole Foods Healthy Eating competition and it won first prize in the Cook Off at NY Summer Streets this year. Even if I say so myself, it is a good one.
The testing notes described it as:
It is a simple collection of ingredients that marry together to create satisfying, complex flavors. It is salty, tangy, peppery, and crunchy, but the peaches -- rounding out the flavors with a welcome addition of smoky sweetness -- steal the show. Generous portions of pistachios and feta make this salad a substantial stand-alone meal. The dressing ties it all together without competing for attention.
This salad would also work well with red onions instead of Vidalia and chevre instead of the feta. It is so simple, but so good. - This Little Piggy (Lisa)
Makes enough for 4
- 1 small head of arugula
- 1/4 thinly slice Vidalia onion
- 1/2 cup pistachios - shelled
- 3/4 cup Feta cheese - crumbled
- 2 firm peaches - sliced and grilled
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper
- Grill the peaches on a moderate grill for about 2 minutes on each side (as soon as you have nice grill marks) flip them.
- Combine all the salad ingredients
- Make the dressing - whisk the oil into the vinegar then taste and season.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
9 Ways to Celebrate the Birth of the Royal Baby
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
Fresh beer, anywhere.
Garden Mule Cocktail
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!