If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My garden this past year was not like previous years - only 3 zucchini, the rabbits took the green beans and the tomatoes were small (but tasty!). The collards, basil, parsley, green onions and oregano were extremely prolific however, so I combined them with some pasta for a really earthy dish. I like the bitterness of the collards in this but I think kale would be excellent also. - inpatskitchen
Makes about 4 servings
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped collard greens
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano leaves
- 12 ounces long pasta like fettucine cooked in chicken broth with about 1 cup of the broth reserved
- Salt and pepper for re-seasoning
- Grated Parmesan for garnishing
- In a large saute pan, saute the garlic and green onions over medium heat for a minute or two until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the wine and the 1/2 cup of chicken broth and then start adding the collards a handful at a time until they wilt. Simmer them for about 20 minutes until the liquid is almost gone.
- Add the salt and pepper, stir in the cooked pasta and while still on the heat stir in the parsley, basil and oregano.
- Stir in some of the reserved broth until you get your desired consistency for the sauce. Re-season with salt and pepper, pour into a serving bowl and garnish with as much grated Parmesan as you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.