If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is all about crispy ingredients,crunchy nuts and a light dressing. Asian pears are my favorite ,but just about any pear will work as long as it is very crisp —themissingingredient
Asian Pearl Salad
- 1 cup shaved fennel
- 1 cup fennel greens, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced very thinly
- 1 asian pear , sliced (or any crisp pear)
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- Adjust the blade on a benringer or mandoline to the thinest slice and shave the fennel bulb.
- Shave the asian pear and the onion with the same setting.
- Trim tough stems from the fennel fronds and chop the fronds.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl ( the shaved fennel, onion, asian pear and the sliced avocado ) and add all the nuts.
- In a jar, add all the salad dressing ingredients and shake.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad and toss. Don't just pour it all on at once. Add as needed for a light touch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.