Author Notes: This recipe is the result of my working with some of the very essential and basic flavors of my kitchen. I love the fact that this recipe can be served both warm or at room temperature.
- Rinku Bhattacharya
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 pieces garlic, pressed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 3 cups very finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups low fat Greek yogurt
- Heat the oil on medium heat for about 1 minute and add the ginger and the garlic and saute lightly for a minute until begining to turn fragrant and pale golden.
- In a small skillet add the cumin and heat for about 1 minute until fragrant. Place in a mortar and pestle and coarsely bruise the cumin.
- Add in the spinach and cook for 3 minutes until the spinach wilts
- Mix in the black pepper and the salt and mix well
- Beat the yogurt and add to the spinach, cook on low heat until the yogurt is warmed through, but do not bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and let the spinach rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens