If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Beet Greens were an amazing discovery for me, that was least expected. When we grew beets they would come with these vivid red veined leaves that first charmed me with their appearance and then seduced me with their taste. I use these greens a lot, this is one of my favorite ways of cooking them.
If you want to keep this recipe vegan, you can add 2 additional tablespoons of oil instead of the butter. This recipe works as a great accompaniment to almost all meals and dishes. - Rinku Bhattacharya /Spice Chronicles
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 pods of garlic
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped garlic scapes (optional)
- 1 green chili such as a Serrano, minced
- 4 cups finely chopped beet greens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Soak the almonds in the hot water for about 10 minutes and then drain and carefully remove the skins. Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Lightly toast the almonds on a dry skillet for about 1 or 2 minutes until the almonds are very lightly toasted.
- Place the oil and the butter on a heavy bottom skillet and heat on medium heat for about 1 minute until the butter has melted completely.
- Slice the garlic pods and add to the oil mixture with the cumin seeds and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the garlic scapes (if using them) and the green chili and continue cooking for about another minute until the mixture is a beautiful, fragrant bubbling mass, this takes about 3 minutes. You need to keep stirring constantly during this period.
- Add in the beet greens and the salt and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the greens are wilted
- Stir in the reserved almonds and mix well before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
Gnocchi with a Twist
Gno potato, gno problem.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
All hail fried toast.
White and Gray Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.