If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Arriving home from vacation, a road trip to the Bay Area that included fun visits with food52 friends, we stepped on the scales. OK, time to watch calories but let's continue to celebrate summer with our favorite seafood, scallops... - Lizthechef
Serves 2, generously
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice or any organic lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and ground black pepper (optional)l)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups organic, mixed baby greens
- 1 pound sewa scallops. cut into halves, vertically
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- flaked sea salt and extra lemon zest
- In a small, deep bowl, measure out the vinegar. Add the mustard, salt and pepper - whisk together.
- Add olive oil, whisking as you add.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with enough of the vinaigrette to lightly coat them. Serve onto 2 plates and chill salad in fridge while you prepare the scallops.
- Pour sugar onto a dinner plate and roll the scallops in the mixture. Set aside.
- Using a large skillet, heat the oil. When hot, add the scallops and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Do this in batches, adding more oil if needed. Heat the additional oil before adding the second batch of scallops.
- Serve a portion of the caramelized scallops on top of each portion of the dressed salad. Just one more squeeze of lemon juice - now serve, immediately.