Author Notes: This is a local malaysian recipe, which i have made some additions of my own like the fresh corn and dried noodles.
It is a very versatile one dish meal and easy to follow.
You can have your own choice of fresh vegetables added to eat.
Very healthy and highly nutritious- rich in vitamin c , protein and anti oxidants.
Saves a lot of cooking time, good for the busy working people, even children can eat this. - cooking varieties
- 2 pieces dried noodles
- 6 pieces medium size shallots-chiffanade, fry until golden brown-serves as garnishing
- 1 egg white only
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soup spice powder
- 3 pieces garlic-thin slices
- 3 pieces shallots-thin slices
- 1/4 chicken-cut into small pieces
- 1 tofu/ bean curd- cut into 4
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- a few vegetables varieties of your choice
- 1/2 carrot-cut 1 1/2cm or 1/2inch
- 1 tomato-cut into 6
- 1 piece frozen fish cakes- slices or 4 pieces fish balls
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up 5 cups of water in a cooking pot Add in stock ingredients and chicken. Boil for 20 minutes Add in fish cake, carrots, bean curd, corn salt and pepper After 5 minutes, add in noodles and broccoli After 5 minutes, add the rest of vegetables After 5 minutes put off fire. Add in egg white and stir well. Add in fried shallots. Serve hot If you want some tongue ticklers, garnish with fresh cut chili or pickled green chili The veggies should be crunchy or crisp tender
- The health benefits of carrots: ( a root vegetable) Eaten regularly, helps to reduce premature aeging due to sun damage on skin. Contains beta carotene- a substance that is converted to Vitamin A in the body. A 1/2 cup serving of cooked carrots contains four times the recommended daily intake of Vitamin A in the form of protective beta carotene. Peel if desired. Raw carrots are naturally sweet, but lightly cooked carrots are even sweeter. Carrots are one of those vegetables that loses very little nutritional value during cooking. In fact, some nutrients in slightly cooked carrots are more available to the body than raw carrots. Cooking actually breaks down the tough cellular wall of carrots making some nutrients more useable to the body- Vietnamese Food Fruits