Author Notes: Broke and single: try to collect the left over cheese from a get together or company lunch, half box of elbow macaroni that was on sale / BOGO. Spices can be whatever is on hand, this is just what I had. - rickygee
Serves 1 or 4 as side dish
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni / pasta
- 1 piece sliced american cheese
- 1 tablespoon chedder cheese
- 1 tablespoon sharp provolone or romano cheese
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne to taste
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1 salt to taste/ not much needed, depends on the cheeses.
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 splash liquid/milk/chicken stock
- 1 bunch fresh basil, parsley or herb from the garden
- boil water for the noodles and cook them till al dente, drain. Reserve some water for cheese sauce.
- While noodles cook, grate cheeses, chop herbs, portion spices and dairy.
- Add noodles back to pot, add american cheese, butter, sour cream and touch of liquid. Stir to melt then add the rest of the cheeses, herbs and more liquid to make a nice creamy sauce.
- Grab a spoon and eat right out of pot (Batchlor style) or plate as a side dish to smoked ribs, grilled burgers & dogs.