If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We had leftover poached pears and thought.....hmmm...could make pear bread; pear muffins but the pairing of pears and rhubarb seemed like a good combination. —lefty303
- 4 poached pears (can use more)
- 1 packet frozen rhubarb (can also use fresh if in season)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Combine rhubarb with orange juice, sugar and cinnamon. Cook gently (stirring often) until rhubarb is softened. Cut poached pears into small chunks and combine with cooked rhubarb. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Add heavy cream slowly and stir until creamy. Adjust sugar and cinnamon if needed. Chill. Serve with slice of orange and sprig of fresh mint.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.