Author Notes: Brie and pears together is a match made in heaven, and they have been paired together for a long time. When you turn this into a sammie on sourdough, and add sweet apricots, and grill it,it just gets better and better.
The brie gets all ooey and gooey, the pears add a little texture, the apricot preserves, sweetness, and the sweet thai dipping sauce a hot/sweet touch.. - jane mcmillan
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 4 ounces brie, sliced into 4 slices, about 1 1/2 to 2 ounces
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced.
- 1 tablespoon sweet thai chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon marmelade
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Spread softened butter on one side of each of the slices of sourdough.
- Spread preserves on the unbuttered side.
- Arrange brie over preserves, then some thin slices of pear.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears