If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a favorite holiday dessert for a whole bunch of reasons. 1. We love pears. 2. It’s easy to make and can be mostly done ahead of time. 3. It’s light enough to be an excellent ending to a heavy meal. The Lime Sabayon is so good you could just eat it all with a spoon and not have enough for your guests! - ChefJune
Makes 6 servings
for the Pears
- 6 semi-ripe Anjou pears, peeled and cored
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 limes, sliced
- Poach pears in water, wine, sugar and lime until done (about 20 minutes, but keep checking). Keep covered.
for the Sabayon
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (will take from 4 to 6 limes, depending on size)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (maybe more, to taste)
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Lime zest for garnish
- Beat yolks with lime juice and sugar in a non-reactive bowl set over simmering water until ribbons form. Remove from heat, Whip the cream, and fold the two mixtures together.
- To serve, put some sabayon on each plate and set a pear in it. Garnish with ribbons of lime zest. Pass any remaining sabayon in a sauce bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.