If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very colorful salad especially for a Christmas time holiday dinner. I love the dressing and the salad can be made up of all sorts of lettuces adding in sliced pears, red walnuts, red onion, strawberries, and crumbled Gorgonzola.
- 12 ounces clean spinach
- 6-8 ounces clean arugula
- 1-2 pears thinly sliced
- 4-6 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1/4 -1/2 cup red walnut halves, broken into pieces
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon honey mustard
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons pear nectar
- 1/2 pear, small dice
- crumbled Gorgonzola
- All of the salad ingredients can be prepared ahead of time, the pears being the exception and with all of the solutions for keeping them from turning them brown, I don't bother and slice them and add just before plating. The dressing is prepared ahead of time, even a day before, but keep refrigerated.
- The dressing ingredients: shallot, oils, honey, honey mustard, Champagne vinegar, nectar, and salt and pepper, whisk together and toss in the diced pear, refrigerate. Drizzle over individual salads or add some to a large bowl of salad, try not to over dress. The dressing makes about 2/3 of a cup. Top with crumbled gorgonzola.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears