Author Notes: This combination proved to be really satisfying. Served on a bed of greens, it's a great lunch dish or nice as a dinner side. You can also serve this salad using apples instead of pears. - Bevi
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and chopped roughly
- 2 medium sized golden beets
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 capful white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- kosher or sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 4 handfuls greens of your liking
- handfuls Nuts to your liking
- Wrap the beets in foil and roast in a 425 degree oven, about 45 minutes.
- in the meantime, place the chopped pears in a medium sized bowl, and dress with the honey, olive oil, and vinegar. Let sit.
- When the beets are done, let them cool, then peel and chop into the pears and vinaigrette.
- Stir ingredients thoroughly. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the salad onto the bed of greens. Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese and nuts atop the beet and pear salad.
- N.B. I used red kale in the photo above.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears