If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is an attempt to combine my love for Pears with Rose flavor. You can also try using honey instead of sugar to make it healthier. My next step would be to serve it frozen. I hope everyone enjoys it! - Minal
- 5-6 Ripe Bartlett Pears
- 1/2 cup Low fat Greek Yogurt
- 3 Egg Whites
- 5 tablespoons Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Rose Water
- 2 pinches Cardamom powder
- 5-6 Slivered Almonds for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dry Red Rose Petals for garnish
- Peel, core and puree the pears in a food processor
- Blend in the Yogurt, Egg Whites, Sugar, Cornstarch and Cardamom
- Transfer the mixture to a non-stick pan and simmer for 20-25 or until it thickens.
- Add the Rose Water after the contents have simmered for a while
- Pour into individual serving bowls/stem glasses, allow it to cool and refrigerate for about one and a half hours
- Garnish with Almonds & Rose Petals and serve chilled
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.