If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This jam is fruity and spicy, and is not just reserved for bread! —SLD
Makes 10 cups
- juice of 1 Lemon
- juice of 1 Lime
- 3 pounds Bartlett pears
- 2 pounds sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons pear liqueur
- 5 2 cup sterilized jars with tight-fitting lids
- Peel, quarter and core pears. Cut pears into 1/4 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, lemon juice and lime juice. Mix well.
- Transfer 2 pounds of the pears to a large, deep pot. Set the remaining 1 pound of pears aside.
- Add the sugar, ginger, coriander and 1 1/2 tablespoons pear liqueur to the pot. Stir well, cover, and let stand for three hours.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, skimming the foam as necessary. Boil for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining pears and liqueur to the mixture.
- Spoon jam into sterilized jars and secure lids.
- Boil the jars for 30 minutes.
- Allow to Cool
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.