If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I enjoy doing riffs on classic sauces. Adding fruits (and cured pork) to beurre blanc is one way. I have adjusted the vinegar down to lighten the flavor. - eastprong
- 6 homemade pasta sheets, 3 x 16
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried pears, chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- Saute the turkey in the olive oil until lightly brown. Add the dried pears, chard, and wine and cook until the wine evaporates. Place the sauteed ingredients in a food processor and pulse into a coarse puree. Add the cheese and nutmeg. Make raviolis with the filling and pasta sheets.
Pear-Sage Beurre Blanc
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 ripe pear, peeled and chopped
- 6 black peppercorns
- 6 sage leaves, chopped
- 12 ounces unsalted butter, cut into 1 tbl cubes
- 1 semi-ripe pear, peeled and cut into 1/4" cubes
- salt to taste
- In a small saucepan, cook the vinegar, wine, shallot, ripe pear, peppercorns, and 3 of the sage leaves until 1 1/2 tablespoons of liquid remain. Strain. Set saucepan over low heat and add the reduced liquid. Whisk in butter 1 tablespoon at a time until all is incorporated. Taste for salt and add some if needed. While making the sauce, cook the ravioli and drain well. Spread 1 tablespoon of the sauce on a large serving platter, place the raviolis on top, drizzle on more sauce, garnish with the cubed pear and remaining sage leaves. Serve additional sauce on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.