If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is inspired by Patricia Wells' Zucchini Carpaccio with Avocado and Pistachios.
I was thinking, if not as flavorful by it self vegetable (sorry Zucchini) can be transformed to a great dish, so can a juicy and fragrant fruit as a Pear.
Here is a recipe I came up with. For the best texture try to buy pears that are neither fully ripe nor rock-hard; choose those that yield just slightly when pressed. Trimming 1/4- inch off the bottom of each pear allows them to stand up straight when cutting, making it easier to cut uniform slices.
I took one photo before adding cheese and then with the cheese shavings. —Kukla
- • 6 Bartlett or Anjou pears, washed, unpeeled
- • 3 tablespoons best quality extra-virgin olive oil
- • Coarse sea salt, to taste
- • Zest of 1 medium lemon
- • Zest of 1 small lime
- • Juice of 1/2 lemon + juice of 1/2 lime
- • 6 leaves fresh mint, chopped + more for garnish
- • Wedge Parmigiano Reggiano cheese or Asiago, shaved
- • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Start by zesting lemon and lime, reserve.
- In a small bowl whisk the juices of lemon and lime, wisk in the oil 1 tablespoon at a time, add chopped mint. Set a side for about 15 minutes; then strain thru a fine strainer.
- Place pears on work surface with their stems pointing up. Starting from the outside and working towards the core, slice pears 1/8 inch thick. Turn pears and repeat on opposite side.
- Arrange pears overlapping on a platter; drizzle with vinaigrette and season with salt, pepper and the lemon and lime zests.
- Garnish with Parmesan shavings, some more pepper and mint; serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.