If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My dad, Adam’s dad and Adam love love love love love!!! rice pudding. This is one of their favorites that I make for them. I went with Bocs pears because they still have a crisp bite after they are cooked. It is a nice contrast to the tender rice pudding. You can choose to mix the brown butter pears with the rice pudding or just top the rice pudding with them. —adamnsvetcooking
Brown Buttered Pears
- 2 medium sized Bocs pears, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- Add the rice, milk, honey, vanilla bean and the vanilla seeds to a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then a simmer. Cook with the lid on until the rice is tender (about 30 to 40 mins)
- To make the brown butter pears- Add the butter to a pan and slowly brown on a medium heat. Add the pears and turn the heat to medium high, sauté for 3 to 5 mins. Add the honey to glaze the pears. Cook for a minute.
- To serve, place the rice pudding in a bowl, top with the pears, and sprinkle with a dash or two of cinnamon. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
Dang Good Dough
Beaver tails might be the best fair food—ever
Meet beaver tails.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Oh, cluck yeah.
A better basket.