Author Notes: My dad, Adam’s dad and Adam love love love love love!!! rice pudding. This is one of their favorites that I make for them. I went with Bocs pears because they still have a crisp bite after they are cooked. It is a nice contrast to the tender rice pudding. You can choose to mix the brown butter pears with the rice pudding or just top the rice pudding with them. - adamnsvetcooking
Brown Buttered Pears
- 2 medium sized Bocs pears, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- Add the rice, milk, honey, vanilla bean and the vanilla seeds to a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then a simmer. Cook with the lid on until the rice is tender (about 30 to 40 mins)
- To make the brown butter pears- Add the butter to a pan and slowly brown on a medium heat. Add the pears and turn the heat to medium high, sauté for 3 to 5 mins. Add the honey to glaze the pears. Cook for a minute.
- To serve, place the rice pudding in a bowl, top with the pears, and sprinkle with a dash or two of cinnamon. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears