If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a college student my budget is tighter than my skinny jeans, so naturally I have to make do with I can afford. Luckily eggs are not only affordable but versatile! I have come up with a ton of variations on a classic favorite: Scrambled Eggs and Sausage. —BandannaNinja
Serves 1 serving but can be modified
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Havarti Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
- 2 Chicken Sausages
- 2 dashes Sundried Tomato Garlic Seasoning
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper
- Chop 1/2 of a bell pepper, any color you like, I used an Orage one and place in a small bowl.
- Chop horizontally along each sausage, so they become circles then chop each circle in half.
- Crack two eggs into a medium bowl and whisk with a fork. The add two shakes of sun dried tomato garlic seasoning (there are many brands out there but I used "Alexanders") and whisk once more until fully incorporated.
- Grate about 1/2 cup of havarti cheese into a small bowl. Harvati is a softer cheese but it is grate-able! Then take about a pinch or so and sprinkle it into the egg mixture. Whisk again until incorporated.
- Saute sausage over a medium heat until brown and then add bell pepper. Then in a separate smaller pan,pour egg mixture and scramble!
- Once eggs are cooked through transfer to plate and then transfer cooked sausage and pepper and mix together. Sprinkle any remaining havarti to garnish, and ENJOY!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
The Spice is Right
Recipes that put a dent in that za'atar stash
Za'atar: the spice with zip.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
The knots you should know.
Have a ball (jar).