If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup peeled, cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup peeled, cored and diced pears
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add brown sugar, butter and sweet potatoes. Beat until fluffy. Gently fold in pears. In a separate bowl, combine baking soda and buttermilk. Mix all ingredients together and stir until moist. Turn out on floured surface and kneed lightly. Roll out and cut into biscuits. Bake on baking sheet for 20 minutes. Serve warm with butter or a jam of your choice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.
Is Your Cilantro Contaminated?