If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from a suggestion on The Splendid Table. Lynne Rossetto Kasper suggests grilling green zucchini and then pureeing it with feta, lemon, and oregano. She also suggested anchovy could be a good addition. I had all of these things in my kitchen at home, so I thought I would give it a try. Lynne suggested it as a dip, but I decided to adapt it to be more of a side dish and added a few twists! —Emily Rothschild
- 2 large to medium zucchini (green or yellow)
- 1/2 cup sheep's milk feta
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 lemon both zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 anchovy, minced and made into a paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (the fruitiest you have)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice zucchini in half cross-wise and then into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Coat zucchini with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper, and then pop into the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until tender and just starting to brown.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine feta, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, anchovy paste, oregano and olive oil and mix until just combined. Add fresh black pepper and salt to taste (anchovy and feta already add some salt). Texture should somewhat like a sour cream.
- Remove zucchini from the oven and let cool to just above room temperature
- Spoon the mixture over the zucchini slices and serve as a side dish or as a main course with a big green salad.
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Warning: You might be offended.
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.