Author Notes: Draining your zucchini well makes all the difference...See more at http://threecleversisters.com/2011/09/12/zucchini-pancakes-with-dill/ - sarabclever
Serves 2-3 (easily adapted to more)
- 1.5 pounds zucchini
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter for frying (approximate)
- plain yogurt, for serving
- Shred the zucchini, layering with salt. (I sprinkled about a half teaspoon of salt after each addition of zucchini). Place in a colander to drain for at least half an hour, stirring occasionally. Squeeze out the remaining liquid, as much as you can.
- Mix the zucchini in with the rest of the ingredients. Heat a heavy skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat and melt the butter, just until the foam subsides. Add the batter, forming pancakes. After a few minutes, when the top has begun to firm up slightly, flip to cook the other side. Pancakes should be crispy brown on both sides. Serve immediately, with yogurt.
- NOTE: These cook fast, but you can keep them warm in a 200F/90C oven.