If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Draining your zucchini well makes all the difference...See more at http://threecleversisters.com/2011/09/12/zucchini-pancakes-with-dill/ —sarabclever
Serves 2-3 (easily adapted to more)
- 1.5 pounds zucchini
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter for frying (approximate)
- plain yogurt, for serving
- Shred the zucchini, layering with salt. (I sprinkled about a half teaspoon of salt after each addition of zucchini). Place in a colander to drain for at least half an hour, stirring occasionally. Squeeze out the remaining liquid, as much as you can.
- Mix the zucchini in with the rest of the ingredients. Heat a heavy skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat and melt the butter, just until the foam subsides. Add the batter, forming pancakes. After a few minutes, when the top has begun to firm up slightly, flip to cook the other side. Pancakes should be crispy brown on both sides. Serve immediately, with yogurt.
- NOTE: These cook fast, but you can keep them warm in a 200F/90C oven.
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.