If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of those totally satisfying, hearty, comforting meals for cool or cold weather. Easy to make and complete in one pot, it's something I make when there's not a lot of time to cook. And doesn't "hunky dory" mean completely satisfying? —inpatskitchen
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 of a medium cabbage chopped in large pieces
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds kielbasa, cut in 2 to 3 inch pieces
- 2 to 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar, depending on your taste for tart
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet with a cover, saute the onion in the butter until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the cabbage, potatoes, paprika, water and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes until the cabbage begins to wilt.
- Add the kielbasa, cover and simmer for another 15 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir in the red wine vinegar and simmer another minute or two. Salt and pepper to taste and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
Butter is better, Jacques Pépin, and more
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
This month's most pinned recipes.
Savor the season.