Author Notes: This is one of those totally satisfying, hearty, comforting meals for cool or cold weather. Easy to make and complete in one pot, it's something I make when there's not a lot of time to cook. And doesn't "hunky dory" mean completely satisfying? - inpatskitchen
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 of a medium cabbage chopped in large pieces
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds kielbasa, cut in 2 to 3 inch pieces
- 2 to 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar, depending on your taste for tart
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet with a cover, saute the onion in the butter until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the cabbage, potatoes, paprika, water and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes until the cabbage begins to wilt.
- Add the kielbasa, cover and simmer for another 15 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir in the red wine vinegar and simmer another minute or two. Salt and pepper to taste and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar