If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had carrot hummus at a restaurant and recreated it. I served it with spiced beef on top as an appetizer. It's gluten free, vegetarian and vegan.
http://makeitnaked.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/roasted-carrot-hummus-with-spiced-beef/ —Krissy @Make It Naked
Makes about 1.5 cups
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 cup tahini
- Preheat oven to 350. Toss the carrots, onion and garlic with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Spread onto baking pan and roast until carrots are very soft and can be easily speared with a fork. About 35-45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly. In a food processor, combine the carrots, onions, garlic, tahini, and 1/4 teaspoon cumin. Process until smooth.
- With processor running, drizzle in remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Process until smooth. Serve warm with pita chips, crackers, or baguette.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.