Author Notes: I had carrot hummus at a restaurant and recreated it. I served it with spiced beef on top as an appetizer. It's gluten free, vegetarian and vegan.
http://makeitnaked.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/roasted-carrot-hummus-with-spiced-beef/ - Krissy @Make It Naked
Makes about 1.5 cups
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 cup tahini
- Preheat oven to 350. Toss the carrots, onion and garlic with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Spread onto baking pan and roast until carrots are very soft and can be easily speared with a fork. About 35-45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly. In a food processor, combine the carrots, onions, garlic, tahini, and 1/4 teaspoon cumin. Process until smooth.
- With processor running, drizzle in remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Process until smooth. Serve warm with pita chips, crackers, or baguette.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side