Author Notes: These are a baked version of the fries we eat at one of our favorite local restaurants. They are very rich, have a little heat, and are good as appetizers. I like them with Jennifer Perillo's award-winning Sweet and Savory Tomato Jam: http://www.food52.com/recipes/411_sweet_savory_tomato_jam
Serves 2, or more as an appetizer
- 1 dozen Fingerling potatoes, cut lengthwise and then cut lengthwise again
- 1+ tablespoon black or white truffle oil (use the + to lightly sprinkle over the baked fries)
- 1 scant teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 scant teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinches or 2 of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the cut potatoes on a oven sheet pan. Pour on trufle oil, cayenne, salt and pepper. Toss with your hands.
- Place in oven for about 35-45 minutes, turning potatoes occasionally.
- When deep golden, take out of oven. Drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Sprinkle a little more truffle oil over the fries, and toss. Serve with your favorite condiment.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side