Author Notes: Well, I love butternut squash soup and I am always looking for a fun and easy way to change it up. When fennel was on sale, this recipe was born. - ginnygetsfloury
- 1 butternut squash, roasted
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a stock pot, heat the olive oil and saute the onions until soft.
- Add the fennel and pear, saute until the pear is soft.
- Add the roasted butternut squash.
- Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Boil until a fork goes through the fennel easily. About 15 minutes.
- In batches, food process the ingredients until smooth.
- Return to the stock pot, mix in the salt, pepper and ginger. Heat to desired temperature and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side