If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Well, I love butternut squash soup and I am always looking for a fun and easy way to change it up. When fennel was on sale, this recipe was born. - ginnygetsfloury
- 1 butternut squash, roasted
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a stock pot, heat the olive oil and saute the onions until soft.
- Add the fennel and pear, saute until the pear is soft.
- Add the roasted butternut squash.
- Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Boil until a fork goes through the fennel easily. About 15 minutes.
- In batches, food process the ingredients until smooth.
- Return to the stock pot, mix in the salt, pepper and ginger. Heat to desired temperature and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.