If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The potatoes are the root vegetable for this favorite salad, goes well with a roasted chicken or grilled steak. Use your favorite lettuces and grill other vegetables, baby artichokes, zucchini, yellow squash, fennel, baby eggplant to mention a few. Grilled radicchio is a nice addtion. A blend of balsamic or wine vinegars can be used for the dressing and a good olive oil for grilling the vegetables and dressing finishes the salad. I had some baby Dutch potatoes for the last salad that I made. - ibbeachnana
- 2 small potatoes per person halved, parboiled
- 1 red onion sliced thick
- 1/2 + pounds frozen whole green beans or fresh, blanched
- 8 cloves roasted garlic
- herb or Meyer lemon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar white or red wine, white or red balsmic
- 2-3 tablespoons capers, rough chopped
- Assorted lettuces, Bibb, arugula, romaine
- assorted small tomatoes, halved
- 16 oilcured olives, pitted and halved
- Parboil the potatoes, dry, run green beans under hot water to thaw a little and dry. Toss all vegetables with olive oil salt and pepper. Grill the onions crisp tender and a little char. grill the potatoes until soft, grill the green beans, crisp tender and place all on a platter, cool to room temperature. Smash the garlic and whisk with the vinegar, oil, and capers. Cover until time to dress the salad. Rough chop the grilled onions. All of the roasted vegetables are tossed together and dressed with a little more dressing. Have the washed and dried lettuces ready, add the dressed vegetables and toss. More dressing and seasoning to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side